Links to the the NFBA Series: The $30,000,000 Stimulus Funded Broadband Project
• North FL Broadband Authority: The Termination
Bad Feelings – No Kind Words – Broke
(Part XLV) Posted October 10, 2014 | Part II
• $30,000,000 Stimulus Project On Death Row
(Part XLV) Posted October 7, 2014 | Part I of II
• Lake City Manager Wendell Johnson Recommends 'Abandon Ship'
(Part XLIV) Posted October 6, 2014
• Final Act of Desperation, $30 mil Obama Stimulus Network going for $4 mil
(Part XLIII) Posted October 1, 2013
• Tower Climber Sues - Not paying vendors - Nothing new for the NFBA
(Part XLII) Posted June 26, 2013
• Stimulus funded 800 lb gorilla puts squeeze on financially strapped Bradford County Schools
(Part XLI) Posted May 16, 2013
• Obama Broadband Grant Recipient, FRBA, Sued by Tampa Based Internet Company, Rapid Systems, Inc. for $25,000,000
(Related article) Posted April 23, 2013
• Gilchrist County pulls the plug on the NFBA in another unanimous vote
(Part XL, part 3 of 3) Posted March 22, 2013
•The workshop w/the Feds. Cheerleading without substance.
(Part XL, part 2 of 3) Posted March 21, 2013
• NFBA calls Washington for reinforcements. First stop Fanning Springs. The run up.
(Part XL, part 3 of 1) Posted March 20, 2013
• Gilchrist County becomes the eighth county to pull out. "I don't like the way the NFBA does its business," Com. D. Ray...
(Part XXXIX) Posted March 5, 2013
• Federal hearing may answer what is the measure of success at the NFBA
(Part XXXVIII) (Posted February 26)
• Baker County becomes the 7th north central Florida county to pull out of Obama stimulus funded NFBA
(Part XXXVII) (February 19, 2013)
• Feds put failing stimulus funded NFBA on life support. 3yrs and $28+ mil later, 60 customers and no revenue model.
(Part XXXVI) (February 15, 2012)
• Former Board Clerk sues NFBA for wrongful termination and violation of her constitutional rights
(Part XXXV) (January 30, 2013)
• $30 mil later N. Central Florida Regional Planning Council - clueless
(Part XXXIV) (January 25, 2013)
• After General Counsel's response, FL's Public Record Laws remain the latest casualty
(Part XXXIII (b)) (January 8, 2013)
• FL's Public Record Laws the latest casualty
(Part XXXIII) (January 6, 2013)
• North Florida Broadband Authority: Foot dragging, lack of info cause Suwannee Cnty to call "strike 3" on the NFBA – They're out
(Part XXXII) (January 3, 2013)
• Suwannee County tells the NFBA – One more strike and you're out
(PartXXXI) (December 20, 2012)
• Wracked by gross mismanagement from the feds on down, the NFBA has become the poster child for non disclosure
(Part XXX) (December 18, 2012)
• More bad news. Last Mile Wifi CEO, "I knew they were going to extort me."
(Part XXIX) December 10, 2012
• NFBA failed to make the grade in Gilchrist County
(Part XXVIII) (November 29, 2012)
• Columbia County Pulls Out of Obama Funded Stimulus Project
(Part XXVII) (November 2, 2012)
• The NFBA road show traveled to an unprepared Columbia County with misinformation, half truths, and just plain lies
(Part XXVI) (Posted October 9, 2012)
• Woebegotten Stimulus funded authority gets another black eye. No one bids to service the $30 mil 14 county network.
(Part XXV) (Posted October 1, 2012)
• Another County pulls out. Dixie says throwing away money a major issue.
(Part XXIV) (Posted September 13, 2012)
• NFBA road shows moves to Lake City for a double dose of free money
(Part XXIII) (Posted September 5, 2012)
• Secrecy and a lawyer's spread sheet. It's business as usual at the NFBA.
(Part XXII) (Posted August 22, 2012)
• Mainstreet Broadband, NFBA's touted business partner, goes bust
(Part XXI) (Posted August 2, 2012)
• Two cities say "no mas." Refuse free tower space to NFBA
(Part XX) (Posted July 26, 2012)
• Taylor County Says Goodbye, "I don't think our county should be involved."
(Part XIX) (Posted April 18, 2012)
• Perry Pulls Out, City Manager tells Council, "It's just out of whack"
(Part XVIII) (Posted April 11, 2012)
• Bradford County Says "No Mas" – Pulls Out
(Part XVII) (Posted April 4, 2012)
• Operating in the shadows with the help of the Feds, the NFBA saga continues
(Part XVI) (posted March 29, 2012)
• Lake City, City Manager Wendell Johnson looks to make White Elephant deal with troubled North Florida Broadband Authority
(Part XV) (Posted Feb 28, 2012)
• Propped up by the Feds, financed by the American People - Who can you trust?
(Part XIV) (Posted Feb 25, 2012)
• "Sunlight is the best disinfectant." Not for them
(Part XIII) (Posted Jan 13, 2011)
• A Lawyer's Dream. A Look At The Numbers
(Part XIIb) (Posted Dec 29, 2011)
• A Lawyer's Dream. Money Is No Object
(Part XIIa) (Posted Dec 28, 2011)
• Feds come to town – Working under the cover of darkness was their MO
(Part XI) (Posted November 23, 2011)
• Feds continue investigation - Interim GM rehires resigned firms employees
(part X) (Posted Nov 11, 2011)
• "The greatest threat to this project is the Government"
(Part IX) (Posted November 2, 2011)
• Federal grant for broadband access in rural Louisiana rescinded: Could the North Florida Broadband Authority Be Far Behind?
(Posted October 28, 2011)
• Redefining "Good Business Sense?"
(Part VIII) (Posted October 25, 2011)
• Feds resume funding – Put small vendors first
(Part VII) (Posted October 20, 2011)
• Small vendors in big trouble | NFEDP/FSU's Hendry may resign
(Part VIb) (Posted Oct 14, 2011)
• Blood in the street
(Part VIa) (posted Oct 13, 2011)
• "I don't want to die on principle and not have broadband."
(Part V) (posted Oct. 6, 2011)
• NFBA future in limbo - Fed keeps funds locked down - Suspend project
(Part IV) (posted Sept 28, 2011)
• The North Florida Broadband Authority. Its world was about to change
(part III) (posted Sept 16, 2011)
• "I think we have a failure to communicate." The N Florida Rural Broadband saga continues (Part II) (posted Sept 14, 2011)
• Feds close spigot on $30 million broadband stimulus grant. 15 north central Florida counties waiting for money to flow again
(Part I) (posted Sept 12, 2011)