Links to the Suwannee Valley TA Series:
A Special District Transportation Provider
• Suwannee Valley TA Chief Fails at End Run Around Law Improperly Noticed Meeting Canceled at 12th Hr
Posted March 7, 2017 11:59 pm
• Suwannee Valley Transit, More Meeting Issues Nash Steps Up, "If It's Not Legal – We'll Cancel It"
Posted March 3, 2017 07:15 am
• Columbia Cnty Comm'rs Nash & Phillips: 2 Who Turn Their Backs on Columbia Cnty Residents
Posted March 2, 2017 02:45 pm
• SVTA Administrator/Commissioner Larry Sessions Ignoring the Law Is Nothing New At the SVTA
Posted November 14, 2016 01:28 pm
• SVTA: Special Meeting Called to for Administrator's Pay Raise: "We'll Advertise It Right, Next Time"
Posted June 20, 2016 09:15 am
• SVTA: County Commissioners Nash and Bashaw Vote to Cover-Up Hijacked Minutes
Posted November 19, 2015 11:51 am
• SVTA: Live Oak Bus Route Failing -- Needs of Columbia County/Lake City Ignored
Posted November 12, 2015 09:10 pm
• SVTA Attorney: "A confusing time. I don't think anybody really knew what was being approved."
Posted January 21, 2015 09:35 am | Part I |Part II
• Suwannee Valley TA – $13.9 Million in Funding Since 2009: Who Was Watching the Store?
Posted January 20, 2015 10:50 am
• Suwannee Valley TA: Fandango Continues, Tri County Board Has Collective Amnesia
Posted January 5, 2015 11:55 pm
• Suwannee Valley TA Pays $257,318 in Exempt OT DOT OIG Wants an Explanation
Posted December 29, 2014
• SVTA Board Should Bring Back the Team That Brought it Back from the Brink of Bankruptcy
(Posted December 26, 2014)
• Columbia County 5 Bails Out Suwannee Valley TA After It Runs Out of Money - Again: Gives $50,000
(Posted December 18, 2014)
• I Had The Displeasure of Having To Ride SVTA
(Posted August 27, 2014)
• Former Suwannee Valley TA Operations Director: Team SVTA Accomplished Its Mission
(Posted August 25, 2014)
• Suwannee Valley TA: In Disarray Since 2011, The SVTA Remains Severely Challenged
(Posted August 19, 2014)
• Suwannee Valley TA: Dialysis Patients Riding On Saturday for Another Month
(Posted May 14, 2014)
• FOILED – A Plan to Depose the North Central Florida Regional Planning Council and Replace it With the SVTA
(Posted May 1, 2014)
• Suwannee Valley Transit Authority:
Here They Go Again - Good Government, What's That?
(Posted April 30, 2014)
• Administrator and Director of Operations Resign
(Posted April 24, 2014)
• Suwannee Valley TA Under Microscope: OIG (Office of the Inspector General) Called In To Investigate
(Posted March 13, 2014)
• Transit Authority Moves Into 21st Century Commissioner Nash Says, "No Mas" to Secrecy
(Posted March 11, 2014)
• Governing Bd Meets in Locked Building. Safety Issues Kept Under Lock and Key
(Posted November 6, 2013)
• Suwannee Valley Transit Authority Grievance Committee: Other Complaints & Retaliation (Posted Sept 30, 2013) (Part II)
• Suwannee Valley Transit Authority Grievance Committee Meets: Complaints Upheld - Rider's Representative Retaliated Against
(Posted Sept 27, 2013)
• In 2014 it is estimated that 40% of the tri county SVTA population will be eligible for Transportation for the Disadvantaged.
(Posted July 31, 2013)
• Operations Manager Gets 13% Pay Raise
SVTA management created a "hostile work environment?
(Posted July 11, 2013)
• Suwannee Valley Transit Authority (SVTA): Florida's Sunshine Laws - What's that?
(Posted April 23, 2012)
• Suwannee Valley Transit Authority (SVTA) Train Wreck Continues: Accounting still questionable - Vendors still not being paid
(Posted March 27, 2012)
• Dist V Com Scarlet Frasina Breaks Tie: Puts residents on hook for $300,000 loan to Suwannee Valley Transit Authority. Collateral – what's that?
(Posted March 02, 2012)
• Suwannee Valley Transit Authority:
A train wreck working to get transportation for the disadvantaged back on track
(Posted January 31, 2011)